18-wheeler accidents are a significant problem in USA, Every year in the US, around 500,000 truck accidents occur, which have a significant impact on the lives of those involved. Of these accidents, about 130,000 result in serious injuries to drivers and passengers of other vehicles. Due to the size and weight of 18-wheeler accidents trucks, it is not surprising that occupants of smaller passenger vehicles are more likely to suffer severe consequences.
As the victim of an accident, dealing with the aftermath of injuries can be a daunting task. Anxiety may develop as medical bills pile up, loss of income due to inability to work, and other expenses continue to accumulate. While all injury accidents should be taken seriously, those involving trucks can result in more severe and long-lasting injuries that can have disabling effects.
Nearly 40,000 commercial vehicle accidents are reported each year in Texas, making 18-wheeler accidents a significant problem. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s data, these accidents resulted in 613 fatalities in 2019. A single incident of an 18-wheeler accidents can have several underlying reasons, although there are multiple causes for these types of accidents. The aftermath of such accidents can be life-threatening.
In San Antonio,18-wheeler accidents the most common reasons for are driver drowsiness and fatigue, improper turns, dangerous lane changes, distracted driving, following too closely, failure to control speed, aggressive driving, improper vehicle and equipment maintenance, and inadequate training. Commercial truck drivers must comply with regulations regarding their hours of service and ensure that they obtain sufficient rest to operate their vehicles safely.
Types Of 18 Wheeler Trucks
The term “18-wheeler” generally refers to a type of heavy-duty truck that is commonly used for transporting large amounts of cargo. These vehicles consist of a tractor unit, which houses the engine and the driver’s cab, and a trailer unit, which is connected to the tractor and carries the cargo. One of the defining characteristics of 18-wheelers is the total number of wheels, which is 18 in total. These wheels are typically arranged in sets of two, with 10 wheels on the trailer and 8 wheels on the tractor unit.
There are several types of 18-wheeler vehicles available, each designed to suit a specific type of cargo. Dry van trailers are enclosed trailers that are used for hauling dry goods such as clothing, electronics, and appliances. Flatbed trailers, on the other hand, are open trailers without sides or a roof and are used for hauling large or over sized items such as heavy equipment, building materials, and vehicles.
Refrigerated trailers, also known as reefers, have built-in refrigeration systems and are used for transporting perishable goods such as food and pharmaceuticals. Tanker trucks are used for hauling liquids and gases such as fuel, chemicals, and hazardous materials. Dump trucks, on the other hand, are used for hauling loose materials such as sand, gravel, and construction debris.
Most Popular 18 Wheeler Truck Brands in USA
There are many 18 wheeler truck brands in the USA. Here are some of the most well-known:
- Western Star
- Mitsubishi Fuso
Why 18 Wheeler Accident Are Common In USA ?
There are several common reasons for 18-wheeler truck accidents, including:
- Driver Fatigue: Long hours of driving and strict schedules can lead to driver fatigue, which can increase the risk of accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Like any other driver, truck drivers can also be prone to distracted driving behaviors, such as using mobile phones, eating, drinking, or even watching TV while behind the wheel.
- Improper Maintenance: Improperly maintained trucks, including issues with brakes, tires, and other essential parts, can increase the likelihood of an accident.
- Speeding: Excessive speed can be a factor in many 18-wheeler accidents, particularly when the driver is trying to meet a delivery schedule.
- Overloaded or Improperly Loaded Trucks: When a truck is overloaded or not properly balanced, it can increase the likelihood of an accident, particularly when turning or braking.
- Improper Lane Changes: Changing lanes without checking blind spots or using signals can lead to accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence: Alcohol, drugs, or other substances can impair a driver’s ability to operate a truck safely.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain, snow, or ice can create dangerous driving conditions for any driver, including truck drivers.Want to know more about The causes of Truck Accident ?
Which State Has The Most Truck Accident in USA?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the state with the highest number of large truck and bus accidents in the United States is Texas. In 2020, 18 wheeler accident Taxes had a total of 37,951 reported accidents involving large trucks or buses, which accounted for 12.67% of all such accidents in the country. Other states with high numbers of truck accidents include California, Florida, Georgia, and Pennsylvania.
Who bears Responsibility for Trucking Accidents?
Negligence is often a key factor in accident injury cases, and in the case of truck accidents, the responsibility often falls on the driver of the 18-wheeler. However, there may be other parties that can also be held liable depending on the circumstances, such as the trucking company if they are pressuring drivers to work excessive hours or if their work environment is unsafe.
Other parties that could potentially be held responsible for injuries in a trucking accident include the truck driver, the company that hired the driver (if they failed to conduct proper background checks), the truck manufacturer (if they concealed flaws or faulty parts), The Leasing Company (if they failed to disclose any issues with the truck), the company that loaded the truck (if improper loading caused the accident), and the truck repair shop (if they failed to repair the vehicle properly, particularly the brakes).
The investigate and determine who bears responsibility for your accident injuries, exploring all possible scenarios. The above mentioned points provide a good starting point, but we will leave no stone upturned in our search for liable parties. It is possible that multiple parties or companies may be held responsible. Rest assured, we are committed to securing the maximum compensation that you deserve and will work tirelessly towards achieving that goal.Best 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers San Antonio
Importance Of 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Lawyers who specialize in 18-wheeler accidents are legal professionals who represent individuals involved in accidents with these large trucks. They offer their clients guidance and support through the legal process and ensure their rights are protected.
An 18-wheeler accident lawyer may perform tasks such as:
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence to support their client’s case.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to obtain fair compensation for their client.
- Representing their client in court proceedings.
- Providing legal advice to their client and explaining their options and rights.
- Filing a lawsuit on their client’s behalf and handling the litigation process.
Hiring an experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer can be highly advantageous for those involved in these types of accidents, as they possess the necessary expertise and knowledge to navigate the complex legal system and secure a fair settlement. It is important to choose a reputable lawyer with a proven track record of success in handling 18-wheeler accident cases.